Friday, June 28, 2013

Pie time!

Lately I've been helping out in the bakery with some pie making!  And I've been loving it.  :)


We've been making full-sized pies, hand pies, rolling out dough, making the filling - all those goodies!  It can get repetitive sometimes (try making 65 blueberry hand pies sometime!), but I really have been having a great time.  And it helps that I have a super rad teacher guiding me along!  Leanne is awesome, and she makes the most delicious pies ever.

PLUS it's helped me get over my fear of making pie dough - definitely the most difficult part to get right when it comes to pies.  It's such a science, but I feel a lot more confident now that I've been forced to work on it myself!


I'll be going back to my regular job at the storefront starting Sunday, but I hope to be back there again soon.  I really liked the change of pace, and working with food directly.



Anyway, it has inspired me to start making my own pies at home!  Kinda funny that I'd do something all day at work - and still want to do it when I clock out.  Ha!  Weird how that happens, huh? I must like what I'm doing or something. :)

All Images via Pinterest.  

No comments: