Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Orleans - Here I come!!

I leave this Saturday for New Orleans, and I'm SO EXCITED!! I've never been to the Big Easy before, and I can't wait to give it a whirl. John is running his first marathon on Sunday, so I'll be there to cheer him on, then we're going to see the sights!

I am sure that finding vegan goodies will be difficult, but I have friends from there that gave me some great ideas and suggestions. I have also heard that if you're moving from one bar to another - you can ask the bartender for a "to-go" cup, and take your beer outside! WhAAA? AWESOME!

I LOVE jazz too, and I really hope we get to check out the music scene a bit while we're there. I'm not sure if John knows how much I LOVE jazz, but I'm sure he'll figure it out pretty quickly. :)

I also hope to see the cemeteries, a plantation house (at least the one they used for "Interview with the Vampire" - one of my favorite movies!), and some great music. John and I have a scooter day planned too, where we'll get to ride scooters around all day! I can't wait for that.


OH, and did I mention that this is my FIRST vacation with a boyfriend? Yep, it's true. So weird! And kind of awesome. I hope he doesn't notice any gross habits that I have that I try to keep secret from him. Wait... I mean, any MORE gross habits. I think I've already subjected him to a few. Haha!

I will try and post some pictures while we're there to keep everyone updated! :)
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: