Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Currently...


Excited about...
My 32nd birthday!!  It's coming up in just a week, and boy, do I love birthdays.  I hope I never reach an age where I begin to dread them.  It's so much fun to have a day that's just for you.  And to have awesome friends that like to celebrate it with you!


Feeling...
Comforted.  And happy that I know that I made the right decision with John.  I am so glad that we could be mature about the whole thing, and I feel comforted every day knowing in my heart that we both were honest to ourselves and each other.  That's pretty awesome. 


Listening to...
"Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.  It's for our next book club meeting, and I'm really enjoying it!  I'm not terribly far, but I just learned how to use the eBook download section of the Denver Public Library website, and I'm so thrilled.  I'm going to be listening to a lot more books now! 


Grateful for...
Two days off... IN A ROW.  It's amazing how much I appreciate these little things now.  I don't always get it with my new job, and it's amazing how much happier I feel when I can have two days in a row to relax.  I'm enjoying some time off right now in fact!  YAY! 

Reading...
"Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand.  I know what you're thinking - two books at once!?!  You CRAZY!!  Haha!  Well, they're both for book club, and I'm really loving them!  This one is so awesome, guys.  I love historical books, especially ones that don't seem like historical books.  This one reads like a novel, and it's SO GOOD.  I can't put it down.  It breaks your heart, lifts you up, and opens your mind to things you never even thought about before.  It's a wonderful story, and I would highly recommend it!  I'm about halfway through right now, and I can't wait to see how it ends.  


Loving...
This spot right here.  It's a wonderfully snuggly place to be.  And even when the morning light starts peeking under my drapes, I still roll over and snuggle in for a little while longer.  I just love it. 


Hating...
People that don't respect the people that handle their food.  We had a few of these people into the shop recently, and it just makes me mad to no end.  Wouldn't you think people would respect you MORE?  Sheesh.  I don't know why some people think they can shit on the people that are making their coffee for them, or making their food for them.  I didn't really like the moving "Waiting" that much, but there's a great line from it.  Mister Gorgeous (Ryan Reynolds) says:  "Never fuck with the people that serve you your food."  Now I'm not going to DO anything to your food (like they did), however I think people should definitely keep that in mind.  We work very hard, usually for not much money.  It's a lot of multitasking, and a lot of smiling when you don't want to.  So take it easy on us, 'kay?  Give us a break!  (Stepping off soapbox now...)

(And btw... how effing cute is this photo!?!?  LOVE IT!!) 

Really wanting...
A VACATION!!  Megan and I are working on this right now, and I hope we can make it happen within the next few months.  Yes, that means I'm putting my spending fast on hold for a little while, but momma needs to get away for a little while.  I know it'll be worth it!! 


Enjoying...
Morning breakfasts.  I've been having a couple of late-start-workdays, and it's been so nice to get up without an alarm, and cook a traditional vegetarian breakfast... you know, eggs, Morningstar bacon, coffeee... ;)  And the morning light through my kitchen window just perks me right up! 


Watching...
Some of my old favorite movies.  I've been renting them from the library and watching 'em, and just loving it.  Last night I watched on of my favorites, Moonstruck.  If you haven't seen it, it's just wonderful.  I love Cher - she rocks my socks off!  

I love this scene where her mom says "Do you love him, Loretta?", to which she replies, "Yeah, ma, I love him awful." She sighs and says, "That's too bad."


Noticing...
That I'm kinda ready for spring now!  Ironically, Denver is still in for the coldest / snowiest month of the year (March).  Ugh.  We were teased with a few 60 degree days, and now I'm spoiled.  I'm ready to break out my flip-flops, and my long flowing dresses!  



All images found either on Pinterest, Google Image Search, or they are my own! 

4 comments:

LoLo said...

love your blog Beth!!

Beth B said...

Aww - thank you, sweetie!! :D

MELI. said...

woo happy pre-bday celebrations, eat lots of cake, or ice cream or something yummies
<3hugs xxom

Beth B said...

Thanks Meli!! Oh, I so will. :) I get a free cake for my b-day from my work! WOOT!