Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Currently...

Excited about... what 2013 may bring. I have some resolutions that I'm pretty excited about, and I can't wait to see what more I can learn about myself in the upcoming year.


Feeling... a bit confused about some personal stuff, but I hope to get it all worked out soon.  I know some of it is an internal battle, and some of it is not. But I know through some faith and some work that good will come out of it, and in whatever way it's supposed to.  Vague enough?


Listening to...The Lumineers. I didn't realize how great they were until recently!  One of my favorite artists ever (Langhorne Slim) is touring with them in Europe, and I just told my friend Katie about it because she lives in Amsterdam now.  She was thrilled to hear about the show (I guess she already was in love with The Lumineers), so she immediately bought tickets - and that made me extra super happy!  I hadn't listened to their album the whole way through until I'd heard from her, and now I'm kind of in love with them. :)


Grateful for... good friends.  I love them so much.  They're there when I need them, and I've needed them lately.  Love love love you.


Reading..."Stiff - The Curious Life of Human Cadavers" by Mary Roach.  Although this book is pretty gross, it's actually super fascinating.  I really like the way she keeps humor around all of the creepy & strange details.  So far it's really interesting, but I don't recommend reading it on your lunch break.  It has some unappetizing moments. 


Loving... the simple joy and comfort that a cup of hot tea can bring.


Hating... all of the shootings I've been hearing about lately.  It makes me incredibly sad that these things keep happening.  I don't know how to stop them, but something needs to change.


Really wanting... to figure out the next step in my life.  I'm not sure if 2013 will be a year of change, or if it's just how I'm feeling right now.  I'm feeling a bit lost though, and I just want to know what the next move will be and what direction I will be headed in.


Enjoying... the holiday celebrations!  We've been to a couple awesome Christmas parties so far, and I'm just loving this time of year!


Watching... some of my favorite holiday movies.  So far I've watched A Muppet Christmas Carol (it's so wonderful), Gremlins (technically, it is a holiday movie), National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and Die Hard (hey, it takes place a Christmastime)!
And now I kind of want this shirt (hilarious!!)...


Noticing... that my life is very different than I thought it would be at 31.  And I'm realizing that I'm totally OK with that.  Honestly, 10 years ago I thought I'd be married with kids by now - or living in New York with some crazy high-paying career as a photographer.  Funny where life takes us, huh?  I'm glad that I am where I am, and that I am who I am.  I certainly didn't see it coming, but that's how life is! :)


No comments: