Monday, May 9, 2011

Slush Jam 2011 - AND - Mother's Day / "Win Win"

This weekend my friend Ryan threw his annual end-of-the-season-party "SLUSH JAM" at Arapahoe Basin.  He was up there at the butt-crack of dawn to save us a spot on the beach where we grilled out, played games, snowboarded, goofed around, etc.  It was SUPER warm and gorgeous outside too which was wonderful since last year it was so friggin' cold!  

On a sucky note, the day ended with John losing his keys.  We looked everywhere for them, but just could not find them.  Such a bummer!  Luckily his friends were still there to give us a ride back to the condo, but it ended up cutting our weekend short as we borrowed their car to drive back to Denver to get John's spare key.  Luckily A-Basin called the next morning to say they found his keys!!  WHEW!  But he still had to go all the way back to pick up his car.  Ha!  Ah, well - there's silver lining to every raincloud, huh? 

SLUSH JAM - 2011!


John had to tape up his arm in a trash bag because he's wearing a small cast (he sprained his thumb during another snowboarding day).  It looked like a pirate arm - I only wish that we had a hook to go on top!

 Becca and Tony at the food table!


Sunscreen application time!!  I still managed to get a little burned, even though I reapplied twice! 


Stacey & Me! :)


Sean and his awesome monster shoes.  Those got some attention, all by themselves!


Meredith decided she wanted to play around on my snowboard, even though she's never boarded a day in her life!  It was actually cute to see her sliding around on it (with a little help from Sean of course).




I don't know where Katy finds these things, but her jumpsuit rocked the party for sure!






FLASHER time!!  BOOBIES!



This is one of my favorite pictures of the day!  :)  It shows how gorgeous it was outside too. 




George & Katy - what a pair!  Their jumpsuits were perfect!


The swimsuits even came out later that day - Geneva & Katy did a run without their coats.  I am sure they got some cat calls from the ski lift for sure!



Sunday I slept in a little - I was so exhausted after the long drive home the night before.  I was in bed by 11:30pm, and slept until 9!  Holy crap!  It was a great & relaxing morning too - I finished putting away my laundry, had a leisurely breakfast, then rode my bike to Wash Park for Sasha's baby's 1st birthday.  It was a wonderful time! 

That evening my mom and little sis came over - we walked to The Hornet and got dinner, then went to the Mayan to see "Win Win" starring Paul Giamatti. 

It was wonderful - and we all really enjoyed it!  A really lovely story, with just the right amount of humor mixed in with the serious stuff.  We laughed, we cried, we cheered.  My mom looked up the boy in it too - it's his first movie, and he used to wrestle in High School as well!  Pretty awesome.  It was a lot of fun! 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well! :) 

No comments: