Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gettin' ready - morning style

I was never a person who took forever to get ready in the morning. I usually take 1 hour tops, which includes all showering / dressing / blow-drying / makeup application, etc. For a chick, I don't think that's too bad. Without a shower, I can be ready to go in 15 minutes flat. That's even better!

Then, as I started packing to move into my new apartment (YAY!!!) -- I realized how much crap it takes to get me through that process. I mean, I don't think of myself as very high maintenance. But I've got a lot of products that I'm not sure I could go without every morning. There's the shampoo & conditioner, the loofah, body wash, comb, blowdryer, straightener, 3 hair products (leave-in conditioner, frizz-smoothing serum, pomade), toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, retainer (don't laugh!!), eyebrow plucker, razor, shaving cream, body lotion, perfume, deodorant.... and that's all just before I leave the bathroom!

While camping I could easily go without all that stuff -- no problemo. I'm kind of wondering how I would do without them though. I don't like to dwell too much on my appearance, but I like to look nice & everything. Hmmm... maybe I should try an experiment to see how much I could cut out of my daily routine and be OK with it. Welll.... maybe when summertime comes around again... ;)

No comments: